De Plattekloof Lifestyle Estate offers the unique feature of home care for residents. This allows residents to receive quality care at pre-arranged times within their homes.
Primary Health Care Services include:
- Initial medical assessment prior to occupation & annual re-assessment
- Access to 24-hour emergency via call system
- One home visit per month where resident’s mobility prevents clinic visit
- Health Care provider with Home Nursing Practice Number for Medical Aid claims
- Assistance to obtain/request benefits from Medical Aid
- Medical Aid claims on behalf of the resident for qualifying services and procedures (if required)
- Resident data and information stored electronically on software unique to Medwell SA
- Managed Home Care Services available
- Reduced cost for admission to Care Unit
OPTIONAL EXTRA HEALTHCARE SERVICES AVAILABLE:
All services over and above the services included as part of the levy is subject to an individual assessment and an agreed care plan. The following services can be rendered in the comfort of your home or apartment through homes based care options.
- Frailcare / Post-hospitalization Care / Post – operative care / Palliative / Terminal Care
- Personal Care (Assistance with personal hygiene / incontinence care / bath / shower / wash / mouthcare / hair care / nail care/dressing)
- Wound care procedure at home. When performed at the clinic or care unit, consumables only will be charged.
- Stoma care procedures
- Catheter care procedures
- Performing blood pressure, sugar levels and urine sample procedures
- Medication Administration (order, receive, administer prescription medication)
- Administration and ordering of Blister packaging